Saturday, November 9, 2013

DragonTree Spa



YES!!! Thank you DragonTree Spa for deciding to land in Boulder. We've been in need of something just like you.

I always enjoyed going to Sensorielle, but they've sadly left - making that little courtyard even more of a ghost-town.

Anyway, the St Julien is always too prissy for my likes and every other place I've tried around town is, well, like going to somebody's office cubicle, getting naked and lying on a makeshift table in their crowded space. It makes me feel a bit cheap and a la 50s-secretary. Is that terrible?

YES it is. So, yesterday, when I was in desperate need of a quick massage, I knew my options would be limited. I hadn't even heard of the DragonTree spa, but was able to get a spot there.

I was thrilled to see that it was a true spa instead of a sketchy office with stinky carpet. I wasn't sure it would be, since I could picture the exact address but knew I'd never seen a spa there before. That's because they just opened in June (maybe July?)

The building was clean and beautiful. Exactly what I've been searching for; it feels like a real spa complete with steamer, bathrobes and the standard little slipper/flip-flops, tea and water, etc. etc.

Everyone I interacted with was insanely friendly. No snootiness at all. And for $90, I got a really decent prenantal massage. Awesome!

I not-so-slyly stuffed all their promotional materials into my purse on the way out and geeked out over it with The Boy when I got home. I will definitely be going back for...umm....probably every spa service they offer. Pretty sure.

Nice work, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment